The five freedoms influence everything we do at Animal Eye and we feel that respect for animals is not an option.
- Freedom from hunger or thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour
- Freedom from discomfortby providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
- Freedom from pain, injury or diseaseby prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Freedom to express (most) normal behaviourby providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind
- Freedom from fear and distressby ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering