TV & Film
From Commission to Transmission and beyond!
If you’re planning to use animals on TV, film, stage or on the web, we can help you in the most practical, efficient and cost-effective way without affecting the artistic content of the production or the health of the animals under your care. We will help you ensure that no animals (or indeed crew!) come to any harm or distress during your production. Don’t fall foul of the law or public opinion and consult us at an early stage. The service can include:
- Script review from an animal welfare prospective and any risks identified.
- Animal information sheet completed with details of all animals being used, their handlers, on call vet and other relevant information.
- Animal welfare risk assessment carried out.
- Risk assessment and call sheet reviews conducted throughout the production.
- Consultants present during set build, rehearsal and recording.
- Coordination with the animal wrangler/handler ensuring they have the correct documentation and are fully compliant.
- Liaison with the attendant or on call veterinary surgeon.
- Public and media relations post production including a final report if needed.
Our Duty to Care.
Legislation that is relevant to filming with animals include:
The Animal Welfare Act (AWA) 2006
The Cinematograph Films (Animals) Act 1937
Performing Animals (Regulation) Act 1925
The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018
Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976
Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981
Our Duty To Care
Get In Touch
Contact us in confidence.